In this episode, Darius and Larry discuss the similarities and differences between special operators and entrepreneurs. They also talk about self-regulation, self-fulfillment, leadership, core values, confidence, ambition, and a lot more!
In this episode, Larry and I talked about:
- What inspired Larry to join the military
- How Larry found out about Navy SEALs in 7th grade
- Larry looks back at his 10-year experience as a Navy SEAL
- Self-regulation as a key to succeed
- The similarities between Navy SEALs and entrepreneurs
- What “hungry ghost” teach us about fulfillment
- How Larry led the largest Special Operations in US history
- What motivated Larry to start his company, SEAL Team Leaders
- Larry explains his book, How Leadership (Actually) Works
- The benefits of values-based leadership
- Defining the line between ego and confidence
- The two tools Larry leverages for his company
- What separates those who want to be better from those who actually become better
- And other topics…
Larry Yatch is an elite leadership strategist and the creator of the SEAL Success programs, a collection of skills-based training, workshops, and courses that enable high performers to find fulfillment, connect with their teams, and make a sustainable impact in their field. A graduate of the US Naval Academy and former ten-year officer in the Navy SEALs, Larry has spent nearly a decade since his retirement as a trainer and speaker, helping senior executives optimize their personal growth and leadership strategy for superior performance. In addition to numerous military honors, Larry is recognized as the go-to expert in leadership development, team performance, and project management.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine LIVE. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below