In this episode, Darius and Emily talk about vision as a key to achieving goals, key strategies in creating more time and being productive, and the direct connection between perception and action.
In this episode, Emily and I talked about:
- What is a behavioral psychologist and what do they do
- What inspired Emily to write Clearer, Closer, Better
- Why vision is a superpower
- Relationships between perception and action
- How to turn a big dream into actionable items
- How a simple exercise can create more time in your week
- How swapping out visual cues in your life can change your actions
- Why saving for retirement is so difficult and how to overcome that
- How to prioritize your time to achieve big goals
- A plan to remove any obstacles in your way of achieving your goals
- The explanation behind the blue and gold dress picture on social media
- And other topics…
Emily E. Balcetis is an American social psychologist and Associate Professor of Psychology at New York University. Her research focuses on people’s perception of the world and how their motivations, goals, and emotions influence it, especially with regards to visual perception.
Emily received a B.A. in psychology and a B.F.A. in music performance from the University of Nebraska at Kearney in 2001. She subsequently attended Cornell University and obtained her Ph.D. in Social Psychology in 2006. Balcetis joined the faculty of New York University in 2006 and was recipient of the NYU College of Arts and Sciences Golden Dozen Teaching Award in 2014. Balcetis is co-editor of the volume, Social Psychology of Visual Perception.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine LIVE. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below