In this episode, Nick looks back at how he made it possible to help his family grow their business by leading their hiring, marketing, and international sales. He takes us back to when he started and grew Museum Hack and reveals why he sold and exited the company in 2018. Nick also talks about the benefits of hosting cocktail parties in widening your network and building connections.
In this episode, Nick and I talked about:
- How Nick became a museum tour guide and turned Hack the Met tours into a business
- How long it took Nick to launch his book, The 2-Hour Cocktail Party
- Nick and Darius share one thing to consider before publishing a book
- How Nick grew Museum Hack before he stepped down and sold the company
- The biggest fear of a new party host and how to avoid it
- Nick reveals the best days to host a cocktail party
- The secret formula to successfully hosting parties and making new friends
- Nick explains why a conventional cocktail party lasts only 2 hours
- Tips for parents who want to host or attend a party
- How to leverage party hosting
- And other topics…
Nick Gray is an entrepreneur and author living in Austin, Texas. He started and sold two successful companies: Flight Display Systems and Museum Hack. Nick is the author of The 2-Hour Cocktail Party, a step-by-step handbook that teaches you how to build big relationships by hosting small gatherings. Over 75,000 people have watched his TEDx talk about why he hates most museums. He’s been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and New York Magazine called him a host of “culturally significant parties.”
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine LIVE. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below
Leave a Comment