In this episode, Darius and Matthew talk about some of their personal experiences working at a young age, finding their passion for entrepreneurship, and what it took them to reach success. They also discuss the importance of profitability and delivering quality service, and share some tips on how to start a business.
In this episode, Matthew and I talked about:
- What inspired Matthew to create and sell things independently
- How Matthew got involved in website creation at a young age
- What made Matthew quit his job and start doing website building on his own
- Transitioning from building websites into the watch club
- The story behind the name and creation of Watch Gang
- How to start a business with just an idea, a quick website, and a social media presence
- Partnering with brands as a more profitable approach to curating products for business
- How COVID affected the watch market
- Why Matthew is focusing on profitability over rapid scaling and revenue growth
- What the future looks like for Watch Gang
- And other topics…
Matthew Gallagher is Los Angeles-based entrepreneur with a history in computer engineering and digital advertising. As the founder and CEO of Watch Gang, Matthew oversees the day-to-day business operations of the world’s largest watch club, leading the business to $300m in sales. Matthew’s childhood in poverty made him passionate about helping others and led him to becoming a committed philanthropist.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine LIVE. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below
Leave a Comment