In this episode, Darius and William talk about a wide range of topics including financial freedom and achieving success through investing, the importance of setting intentions, and making principled decisions. They also discuss the dangers of investing and why it is important to learn and understand it before making an investment decision.
In this episode, William and I talked about:
- What led William to study English at Oxford and pursue a career in writing
- What sparked William’s interest in the stock market despite his initial views on business and markets
- How to achieve financial freedom and success through investing
- How a setback can lead to introspection and a deeper understanding of life
- Setting an intention to help achieve a positive impact and avoid being driven by ego
- Leading a life with no regrets by making principled decisions
- The many benefits of approaching life in a more rational manner
- The effects of making poor and bad decisions
- The dangers of investing without knowing what you are doing
- And other topics…
William Green has written for many publications in the U.S. and Europe, including Time, Fortune, Forbes, Fast Company, The New Yorker, The (London) Spectator, and The Economist. He edited the Asian edition of Time while living in Hong Kong, then moved to London to edit the European, Middle Eastern, and African editions of Time. As an editor and co-author, he has collaborated on books such as Guy Spier’s much-praised memoir, The Education of a Value Investor, and an upcoming autobiography of a legendary art collector. Born and raised in London, Green studied English literature at Oxford University and received a master’s degree in journalism at Columbia University. He lives in New York with his wife, Lauren, and their two children, Henry and Madeleine.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine LIVE. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below
Leave a Comment