In this episode, Darius and Michael reveal the secrets behind building strong working relationships, the power of coaching to drive behavior change, and the art of navigating organizational change. Michael will also share insights from his new book, How to Work with (Almost) Anyone, offering valuable strategies for creating impactful connections and embracing transformation.
In this episode, Michael and I talked about:
- How Michael won the Rhode Scholarship and made it to Oxford University
- What Michael learned while working at an innovation company
- How Michael got into entrepreneurship after a job offer fell through
- The most common challenges of publishing and selling books
- Building safe, vital, and repairable working relationships
- Writing for people who interact with others
- Michael explains his new book How to Work with Almost Anyone
- How to make change happen in an organization
- The effects of coaching on a person’s behavior
- Embracing change and saying “no” to certain situations
- And other topics…
Michael Bungay Stanier helps people know they’re awesome and they’re doing great. He’s best known for The Coaching Habit, the best-selling coaching book of the century and already recognized as a classic. His new book, How to Work with (Almost) Anyone, does what it says on the label. Michael was a Rhodes Scholar and dabbles in the ukulele. He’s Australian, and lives in Toronto, Canada. Learn more at www.MBS.works.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine LIVE. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below