In this episode, Darius and Kevin engage in a profound discussion covering a wide range of topics related to mental health, suicide prevention, and personal resilience. They highlight dispelling misconceptions about suicide, nurturing human connections, and addressing the dangers of excessive screen time and instant gratification culture.
In this episode, Kevin and I talked about:
- Three miracles that played a crucial role in Kevin’s survival from a suicide attempt
- How a passage in Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson’s book saved Kevin’s life
- The importance of taking suicide threats seriously
- The significance of dispelling misconceptions about suicide
- Why it matters to understand and attend to the needs of loved ones
- The erosion of face-to-face communication and its impact on human connections
- The dangers of excessive screen time for children’s developing brains
- Concerns surrounding instant gratification culture
- The importance of addressing suicide prevention at home
- Kevin advocates for age restrictions on social media platforms
- Why it is important to teach discipline and resilience to children through activities
- And other topics…
John Kevin Hines is an American suicide prevention speaker who attempted suicide by jumping from the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California. His story gained major media coverage and he has since become a motivational speaker and advocate for suicide prevention.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine LIVE. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below