In this episode, Darius and Christine delve into her remarkable journey, transitioning from a career in professional snowboarding to her pivotal role at the Modern Elder Academy (MEA). They discuss MEA’s mission to redefine second adulthood, emphasizing the importance of community and shared wisdom in personal growth. Christine’s authentic passion and transformative experiences come to light, illustrating her role in guiding others toward greater fulfillment and purpose.
In this episode, Christine and I talked about:
- How Christine shifted from being a pro snowboarder to her current role at MEA
- What ignited Christine’s passion for experiential education and adventure
- What made Christine leave her pro athlete career and work on the business side of the snowboarding industry
- Christine looks back on starting a hotel business in Baja, Mexico
- Christine shares what MEA is all about and what the program offers
- The importance of genuine hospitality and care in the MEA culture
- Viewing the team as the first customer to ensure a positive experience for guests
- Christine shares her personal challenge with imposter syndrome and underlines the importance of self-confidence
- And other topics…
Christine Sperber is a former pro snowboarder who has launched and operated boutique hotels, produced life-altering events, managed pro athletes and worn many entrepreneurial hats. She is a partner and the Chief Experience Officer of Modern Elder Academy.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below