In this episode of The Greatness Machine, Darius talks with Marga to delve into the significance of ethical business practices and leadership’s role in instigating change, touching on the European sustainability approach and challenges like trust and short-termism. Marga highlights the positive impact of technology and stresses the essential balance between tech and human engagement. The conversation covers the interaction of humans and technology, anticipating future professions, and the value of envisioning technology for good and conquering inner fears.
In this episode, Marga and I talked about:
- Setting up the Dutch Sustainable Business Association and the Sustainable Science Association
- The difference in perspectives on sustainability between Europe and the United States
- The importance of recognizing liabilities and expenses in business
- The potential role of technology in forcing disruption and bringing about change
- The collective impact of individuals, companies, and business leaders in driving change
- The crucial role of leadership in driving change and overcoming challenges
- The interconnectedness of sustainability and innovation
- The role of purpose-driven companies and their potential for scaling up
- Leveraging technology for sustainability
- And other topics…
Marga Hoek is a visionary leader in sustainable business, capital, and technology, boasting a successful track record as a three-time CEO and Founder of Business for Good. As a bestselling author and member of Thinkers50, she is a sought-after speaker on sustainable business and ESG investment. Marga is a global voice at G20 and G7 forums, international climate meetings, and prestigious conferences. Her impactful thinking is featured in top publications, showcasing her commitment to transforming businesses into genuine forces for positive change.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below