In this episode, Darius and Todd discuss the value of anger, the advantages of giving and receiving critical feedback, the benefits of creating mental space, the demerits of social mobility, and the ways to bridge integrity and flexibility.
In this episode, Todd and I talked about:
- The challenges of growing up without a father figure
- How Todd got into writing at a young age
- Giving and receiving feedback effectively
- Curiosity and insubordination
- The surprising benefits of anger
- The three elements that can improve the quality of life in difficult situations
- The two forms of self-talk and their benefits
- Ways to create more psychological space
- Todd shares the story behind his new book “The Art of Insubordination”
- The consequences of social mobility on relationships and overall well-being
- Psychological flexibility with integrity
- And other topics…
Todd Kashdan, Ph.D., is a leading psychologist in positive psychology and well-being. He’s known for his work on curiosity, resilience, and mindfulness. With a Ph.D. from SUNY Albany, Kashdan has authored several books and papers on these topics. He’s held academic positions at George Mason University and the University of Maryland and has consulted for organizations on fostering positive workplaces. Kashdan’s research emphasizes resilience and thriving in adversity, and he’s a sought-after speaker worldwide.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below