In this episode, Darius and Matt discuss the types of communication, the ways to become a great communicator, the challenges of public speaking and how to overcome them, the importance of structuring communication plans, and how to leverage and manage public speaking anxiety.
In this episode, Darius and Matt talked about:
- How Matt realized his passion for communication at an early age
- Leveraging and managing speaking anxiety
- How Ted Talks encourages effective good communication
- Tips on how to level up speaking
- Things to learn from neuroscience to communicate better
- The power of communication when it comes to status
- How to leverage communication to elevate status
- The importance of listening skills in communication
- Structuring communication plans
- Hacks for public speaking with confidence
- The story behind the creation of Matt’s book “Speaking Up Without Freaking Out”
- Hosting “Think Fast, Talk Smart” podcast
- Ways for communicating successfully with remote teams
- And other topics…
Matt Abrahams is a passionate, collaborative, and innovative educator, author, podcast host, and coach. He is the Larsen Lam Family Lecturer in Organizational Behavior at Stanford University’s Graduate School of Business, where he teaches two very popular classes in Strategic Communication and Effective Virtual Presenting. He received Stanford GSB’s Alumni Teaching Award in recognition of his valued service to teaching Stanford Alumni around the world.
In addition to his teaching, Matt is a much sought-after keynote speaker and communication consultant for Fortune 100 companies. His online talks garner millions of views, and he hosts the popular, award-winning GSB podcast called Think Fast Talk Smart.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine LIVE. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
You can watch this replay of the Greatness Machine Live: Matt Abrahams, right here!
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below
Leave a Comment