In this episode, Darius, Moby, and Lindsay engage in a candid conversation, delving into Moby’s decision to pursue music over becoming a philosophy professor. They explore the concept of the “hungry ghost” and achieve true fulfillment, touching upon the pursuit of happiness in entrepreneurial endeavors. Together, they discuss the role of ego in their lives, the need for open-mindedness, and the significance of being receptive to different perspectives, leaving listeners with profound insights into purpose, fulfillment, and self-discovery.
In this episode, Moby, Lindsay and I talked about:
- What made Moby decide to pursue music instead of becoming a philosophy professor
- Moby reflects on his journey from poverty to material success, fame, and debauchery
- The importance of finding meaning, purpose, and value in life
- The concept of the “hungry ghost” and how to achieve true fulfillment
- What it takes to achieve true happiness in entrepreneurialism
- Lindsay discusses the constant striving in her career
- The importance of learning from both successes and failures
- Moby and Lindsay discuss the role of ego in their lives
- The value of being willing to look at the evidence and avoid clinging to preconceived notions beliefs or ideas
- The need for curiosity, open-mindedness, and a willingness to listen to different perspectives
- And other topics…
Moby is an American musician, songwriter, singer, producer, and animal rights activist. He has sold 20 million records worldwide.
Lindsay Hicks is an actress best known for portraying Allison in Red vs. Blue: Season 10, making her the first live-action actress in Red vs. Blue.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine LIVE. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below