In this episode, Darius and Matt discuss the types of communication, the ways to become a great communicator, the challenges of public speaking and how to overcome them, the importance of structuring communication plans, and how to leverage and manage public speaking anxiety.
In this episode, Matt and I talked about:
- How Matt realized his passion for communication at an early age
- Leveraging and managing speaking anxiety
- How Ted Talks encourages effective good communication
- Tips on how to level up speaking
- Things to learn from neuroscience to communicate better
- The power of communication when it comes to status
- How to leverage communication to elevate status
- The importance of listening skills in communication
- Structuring communication plans
- Hacks for public speaking with confidence
- The story behind the creation of Matt’s book “Speaking Up Without Freaking Out”
- Hosting “Think Fast, Talk Smart” podcast
- Ways for communicating successfully with remote teams
- And other topics…
Matt Abrahams is a leading communication expert, educator, and author with decades of experience. As a Stanford University Lecturer, he teaches strategic communication and virtual presenting. Recognized with the Stanford GSB’s Alumni Teaching Award, Matt is also a sought-after keynote speaker, consultant for the United Nations, and host of the award-winning podcast “Think Fast, Talk Smart.” His latest book, “Think Faster, Talk Smarter,” offers practical skills for spontaneous speaking, while his previous work, “Speaking Up without Freaking Out,” helps manage speaking anxiety. Matt’s impact extends globally, shaping effective communication in academia, business, and beyond.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below