In this episode, Darius and Peter discuss the vital role of confidence in decision-making and behavior across various aspects of life. Peter shares the journey behind his book, The Confidence Map: Charting a Path from Chaos to Clarity, emphasizing resilience in facing uncertainty and embracing growth from failure. They explore making financial decisions with uncertainty, avoiding gut-driven choices, and the importance of seeking help and feedback for personal and professional development.
In this episode, Peter and I talked about:
- The crucial role of confidence in driving decisions and behaviors in various aspects of life
- Peter explains the story behind The Confidence Map: Charting a Path from Chaos to Clarity
- How resilience plays a role in dealing with uncertainty and lack of control
- Why it is important to embrace uncertainty and powerlessness
- The benefits of seeing failure as an opportunity for learning and growth
- Making financial decisions with an understanding that the future is uncertain
- Why you should avoid making decisions solely based on gut feelings
- Why it matters to be willing to ask for help and seek feedback to improve and grow in personal and professional endeavors
- And other topics…
Peter Atwater is an Adjunct Professor of Economics at William and Mary, and President of Financial Insyghts, a consulting firm that advises institutional investors, major corporations, and global policymakers on how social mood affects decision making, the economy, and the markets. A pioneer in securitization and a long-time financial services executive, Peter’s work on social mood and decision-making has been featured in The Socionomist, Time Magazine, and The Financial Times.
Darius is your host of The Greatness Machine LIVE. Darius is a mad scientist, high-growth CEO, serial entrepreneur, author, conscious capitalist, speaker, and entertainer. Darius is on a quest to create 1,000,000 Core Value Driven Organization by 2030. He is calling this “The Core Value Revolution.” Darius is an alumni of the Birthing of Giants Entrepreneurial Program at MIT and Stagen Integral Leadership Program. Darius’s accolades include being ranked #9 Top Rated CEO in America on Glassdoor, has won numerous Stevie Awards, and has founded and grown organizations that have been ranked #40 in the Inc. 500 and were ranked #3 Best Places to Work By the San Francisco Business Time. He is all about the P’s: Passion, Pizza, Puzzles, and, especially, Pink Unicorns. His book, The Core Value Equation, is an Amazon #1 Best Seller and is available at www.thecorevalueequation.com.
The Greatness Machine shares lessons on how to framework your drive for results, create limitless space, and win the war on talent.
My team and I are on a mission to help YOU create a cultural revolution. I want to teach you how to build a core value driven organization.
Make Greatness Happen!
Don’t let your Core Values become a company artifact! Learn how to make Core Values the language of your organization. Pre-order my book The Core Value Equation found at the link below